ASTM E-84 Fire Rated Panels
What does “ASTM E-84 Class A Fire Rated” Mean?
The ASTM E-84 test measures the surface burning characteristics of building materials, including flame spread and smoke index. The fabric and absorptive material used in Audimute’s fire rated panels achieved a “Class A” rating in testing – the best possible rating.
Do you need Fire Rated Panels?
Fire-rated materials are mandated for use in many public spaces and commercial applications by building codes. Refer to local building codes for more specific information on what level or type of fire-rating is required. Acoustical panels intended for use in residential applications are usually not required to have a fire-rating, but using fire rated panels is always a responsible choice for safety reasons.
Audimute’s Acoustic Panels offer more than just a fire rated panel. You also get:
- A huge variety of standard options: Audimute offers seven standard sizes, 11 standard color fabrics, and 6 designer fabrics.
- Excellent sound absorption: NRC rating of 1.0 (perfectly absorptive)
- A professional look: high-quality, durable fabric wrapped around lightweight metal frame
- Easy installation: our panel clip makes it as easy as hanging a picture
- An environmentally conscious product: all panels use our exclusive acoustic absorption material Eco-C-Tex, a blend of recycled cotton and cellulose fibers